Microsoft Office refers to a suite of desktop apps, along with servers and services offered chiefly for Windows PC and Mac. This legendary office suite was first released in the year 1989. At first, it was just a marketing word for a bundle of app set, and the first and foremost MS Office version included three apps: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Since then, the Office apps have considerably become better and more extensive, and they contain robust functionalities and tools such as spell checker, etc. In order to access the Office apps, one has to sign in to office.com/myaccount.
The more recent versions of MS Office are Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2010. MS Office runs on both Mac as well as Windows OS. With an Office account, you will be able to unleash the complete potential and use various Microsoft services.
Benefits of Microsoft Account
- Easy Management
Log in with Office account and synchronize all that you require on the device. You will be able to access multiple platforms such as Office Online, MS Outlook, Skype, Xbox Live, OneDrive, OneNote, and much more.
With a Microsoft Office account, you will not get bored. Just access your Xbox Live using the same account or visit the Microsoft Store to download apps. Get an array of games, applications, music, films, and much more after logging in to your account.
- Stay Connected
Log in to your Office account and keep in touch with your friends, family, and colleagues. Whether for Office or business related purposes or personal work, you can interact with people across Skype and Outlook. Send and receive emails, manage your mailbox, and make and receive video and audio calls.
All your personal data will always be at your fingertips as your Office account settings synchronize across all the devices. This way, you do not have to get flustered and lose your data. Just sign in to your Office my account and get easy access to your files.
- More Security
OneDrive, a cloud platform for storing documents and files, is one of the safest places. So with a Microsoft account, you can create a secure backup in OneDrive, and with advanced security protection in Outlook, you do not have to worry about opening any malicious email.
How to manage Microsoft Office with Microsoft account?
If you have subscribed to Microsoft Office 365, or have any other version of Microsoft Office, then you are required to have an account liked to Office for the management of the subscription and for installing or re-installing the suite.
- Firstly, you need to log in to your Office account.
- In the web browser, go to www.office.com/myaccount.
- If you have not signed in, then you need to do that using your personal Office account.
- In case you have forgotten the email linked to your Office, then click on the like I cannot remember the Microsoft account.
- Navigate to the top right-hand edge of the page and click on the username.
- After that, choose My Account from the range of alternatives.
- After logging in, visit office.com/setup.
- Now, from the top pane, click on Services and subscription.
- Look for the Office version you use from the given list of Microsoft products and services linked with your account.
- Now, you can efficiently manage the Microsoft account.
- You will find the option for changing the password.
- You can add more security settings.
- You may also update the billing information.
- Go through all the Microsoft products, along with Microsoft Office that is linked with your account.
- You can install or reinstall MS Office setup from your account.
What can MS Office 365 users do from their Microsoft account?
Those who have a valid MS Office 365 subscription can do the following:
- Deactivate their Office product on any device that they are not using anymore.
- Renewal of Office 365 subscription.
- Management of the payment process.
- Office 365 Home owner can easily share the subscription.
- Other users of Office 365 can view the users who are sharing the subscription.
How to access Office account?
Log in to MS Office using the browsing software
- Open the following link: www.office.com/setup.
- Now, just log in using the personal Microsoft account related to MS Office.
- Or else, just key in the username and password combination associated with either work or school account.
- Click on the Sign in button.
- After logging in successfully, you will automatically get logged on to all the other Microsoft services such as Xbox Live and OneNote.
Log in to MS Office using an app
- Launch any Microsoft Office app like PowerPoint or OneNote.
- After that, either create a new document or click on an older one.
- In the upper portion of the app screen, click on Sign in.
- Now, just key in the login credentials.
- Follow the prompts on the screen.